Some of John Meier’s most notable awards include:
- President of the Dominican Republic Joaquin Balaguer (right center) toasts John Meier (left center) after awarding him the coveted Christopher Columbus Award, the highest decoration the Dominican Republic could bestow on a foreigner and President Balaguer declared October 23 John Meier Day in the Dominican Republic. President of the United States Richard Nixon’s brother Donald Nixon (left) and United States Senator Mike Gravel (right) look on. United States Ambassador Francis Meloy also attended the ceremony.
- Cited by the government of Panama for his contributions to the battle against pollution
- Honored by the Counsel General of China for his outstanding leadership in the business community
- In a ceremony at the Washington DC National Press Club, John Meier being knighted in the Sovereign Greek Order of St. Dennis of Zante
- A citation from Governor Luis A. Ferré of Puerto Rico for his “extraordinary assistance” to Puerto Rico on environment, gaming, and mining
- The Aerospace Man of the Year Award for the application of computer systems in understanding industrial and institutional problems
- Las Vegas Mayor Oran Gragson (left) and Los Angeles Mayor Samuel William Yorty and the city of Los Angeles presenting an award to John Meier for his work in the field of ecology.
- Received the Keys to the City from Salt Lake City, Utah
- An Outstanding Young Man of the Year Award in the United States
- American radio broadcaster Paul Harvey (left next to John Meier’s wife Jennie) presenting John Meier with the Las Vegas Jaycees Distinguished Service Award
- Nevada Governor’s Award of Technical Achievement in Data Processing
- Outstanding Leadership to the National Foundation March of Dimes
- The Las Vegas Jaycees Outstanding Man of the Year Award